divorceinfo.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 27, 2014, 04:58:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
254487 Posts in 18120 Topics by 1372 Members
Latest Member: sandyaroma
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  divorceinfo.com
|-+  General Category
| |-+  All About Money (Moderator: m_t)
| | |-+  incom taxes
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: incom taxes  (Read 1811 times)
itraveller123
« on: April 19, 2011, 07:48:52 AM »

When I filed for divorce I received paper work from the court ( I assume my wife did also ) stating that all debts/financial obligations would remain the same as in the marriage. How does this apply to income taxes?
livealittle

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 09:03:18 AM »

if you have just filed and are not divorced yet, my assumption would be that you are both to continue paying on all debts and obligations as though you were still in agreement until the divorce is final/a different legally binding arrangement is made.

you didn't provide very much information, though and I'm just guessing.

since you aren't divorced yet, then if you filed married filing joint for 2010 and you owed income taxes, you should pay them. IMHO what's fair is each of you pay a proportionate amount of what's due. For example, if you earned 60% of the income and your wife earned 40% then you should pay 60% of the taxes owed and she should pay 40% of the taxes owed. just my opnion, for what it's worth.
AsiaAleandri
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 01:50:34 PM »

I wanted to know in the state of Ohio if i have a full time job (200 hours a month) and make $8 (minimum wage) what my net monthly income taxes will be including social security and medicare taxes which are deducted also i am currently recieving SSI benefits in the amount of $450 per month will this make any difference Thanks and any help would be greatly appreciated
livealittle

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 02:32:14 PM »

this puts your gross wages at $1600 a month.

SS is 4.2% of that or $67.20
Medicare is 1/45% or $23.20

I have no idea what your withholding rate is, that's dependent on how you filled out your W-4.  Hope this helps you.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: