divorceinfo.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 22, 2014, 04:16:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
254541 Posts in 18133 Topics by 1391 Members
Latest Member: shannon58
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  divorceinfo.com
|-+  General Category
| |-+  All About Money (Moderator: m_t)
| | |-+  Travel considerations for child support?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Travel considerations for child support?  (Read 2726 times)
vadad1

« on: June 02, 2011, 06:33:46 PM »

Hello
It seems the only reason to consider a change in child support is if it is in the best interest of the child. Ex left Va to Al, almost 1000 miles. My cs payments are religious, but I've found I can't afford the travel to seem them. They are much better off financially now than I am - she remarried immediatly, do I just continue to suck it up or is it worth asking the question?
Thank you.
m_t

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 08:47:35 PM »

Did you contest the move? Is there a new visitation schedule? Did you ask that the ex be responsible for the cost of transportation? None of this happens via magic wand...

ETA: Oh, wait... I just went back and read your history. You didn't like me then. Guess you won't like me better now. Sorry...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 09:33:08 PM by m_t » Logged

Fuck Cancer

"Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly. On a broomstick. We are flexible."

Children aren't coloring books. You don't get to fill them in with your favorite colors.
The Kite Runner, Khale
vadad1

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 11:02:09 PM »

So the answers no then. Thanks
livealittle

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 09:33:37 AM »

generally courts think it's in the best interest of the child to see both parents. What can you work out with mom on visitation? does mom want a little break from having the kiddos all the time? will mom meet you halfway?

try to find a solution rather then just throwing up your hands and walking away.
InDenial

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 01:55:04 PM »

Ask WHO the question?  Your Ex? The court?

Why are you traveling to AL instead of the kids traveling to see you?  Are your children very young?  Do you not have the right of overnight visitation in your home?

From what you say, it was your Ex who chose to move away?  I believe that in many cases, the courts rule that the person deciding to move is responsible for travel costs.

You could start by asking your Ex to pay some or all of the costs for your children to visit you.  It would help your case if you can point her to facts that this is standard in Alabama.

If she refuses, then you need to figure you whether the money you will spend on hiring a lawyer and pursuing a case in AL is worth it.
Ann Marie

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 03:14:45 PM »

Did you contest the move? Is there a new visitation schedule? Did you ask that the ex be responsible for the cost of transportation? None of this happens via magic wand...

ETA: Oh, wait... I just went back and read your history. You didn't like me then. Guess you won't like me better now. Sorry...

damn..u got quite the attitude no a days...instead of snide remarks...y not just say nothing at all?

you have an excellent memory,  i think u knew he didn't like u way back...even if not, what was the purpose of a snide remark?

u  don't have to answer that question, cause it doesn't matter ...just know its noticable and you've been mean lately.

JMO....

m_t

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 06:01:38 PM »

Actually, Ann Marie, I didn't remember this guy's story. Hence my "ETA" (Edited To Add, in case you don't know the acronym). The fact, however is that if it's not in the order, he's responsible for providing the transportation. If he didn't contest the move, or he didn't ask that she be required to pay for transportation, then there is no one else to blame. Sorry you don't like that reality.

Now, instead of sniping at me, why don't you try helping some of the newbies, since you don't like how I do it. Okay? Okay.

Fuck Cancer

"Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly. On a broomstick. We are flexible."

Children aren't coloring books. You don't get to fill them in with your favorite colors.
The Kite Runner, Khale
Ann Marie

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 07:13:35 PM »

Actually, Ann Marie, I didn't remember this guy's story. Hence my "ETA" (Edited To Add, in case you don't know the acronym). The fact, however is that if it's not in the order, he's responsible for providing the transportation. If he didn't contest the move, or he didn't ask that she be required to pay for transportation, then there is no one else to blame. Sorry you don't like that reality.

Now, instead of sniping at me, why don't you try helping some of the newbies, since you don't like how I do it. Okay? Okay.

I'm amazed u didn't remember him..and thx...eta to me, stands 4 estimated time of arrival, so ur correct..i wouldn't have known, but u wrote it anyway, so short hand wasn't really needed unless u wanted to expose that i might be stupid or something. who knows why but you? at least i own my stupidity.

Let me clarify that i have no problem with REALITY, i had a problem with the attitude in which you gave it. Why is it you can comment on others, but if someone should comment on you, you get upset?

I agree this should have been dealt with in the court order.

To answer ur last question, i don't comment on things i know nothing about.  My divorce didn't involve custody or property ...i had everything before i married, so i didn't need a lawyer for those things. I can't give advice to thse who need that because i know nothing about it.

As far as others, when i'm here, i do encourage them the best i can.

hope this enlightens u better..we can take this 2 messaging if u want
m_t

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 07:37:59 PM »

Ann Marie - I defined ETA for everyone who may not have known it.

I'm not upset in the least. In fact - I really don't give a good gosh darn what people think of me.

Fuck Cancer

The Kite Runner, Khale
Ann Marie

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 08:16:54 PM »

I didn't say you did care....don't know where u got that from, i was just commenting on ur attitude...ur usually more sensitive and lately you've come off with snide remarks outta the blue...jmo
Wolfy

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2011, 09:45:27 PM »

Hey guys! Cat fight!!  Cheesy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: