divorceinfo.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 28, 2014, 09:04:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
254487 Posts in 18120 Topics by 1373 Members
Latest Member: T4821
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  divorceinfo.com
|-+  General Category
| |-+  All About Money (Moderator: m_t)
| | |-+  Responsible for paying for flight/ visitation guideline?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Responsible for paying for flight/ visitation guideline?  (Read 2883 times)
ConcernedMom

« on: August 10, 2011, 09:13:02 PM »

My child is 15yrs old and is not close to her father. We currently live in Texas, but due to job relocation we are moving to Alabama.  Father pays child support from unemployement payments.  My question is-  who is responsible getting the child back and forth for visits?    

What are the standard visitiation rights for Alabama and/or Texas for out of state locations.   My child has the standard visitation rights right now, which is 1, 3, 5th weekend of the month and alternating holidays, however, it is rare for my child to see her father more than one time every two months.

Any help/advice is much appreciated and welcomed.
livealittle

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 09:02:15 AM »

normally the rules for the state in which the divorce decree and visitation/custody order was issued govern these concerns. Which state was the custody and visitation order issued in? Check that state's guidelines.

if you want to move locations where these issues will be addressed in the future, you will need to check with AL to find out how to get the matter domiciled in the county in which you are moving to.

most states - if not all - have laws regarding the CP moving. Notification must be given in writing to the NCP and the NCP has the right to contest or object to the move. Then it must/should go before a judge for the CP to be able to move with the kids.
m_t

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 07:45:31 PM »

At best? The parents will likely split the cost of transportation. At worst? The parent relocating will be 100% responsible for transportation. Which, really? Is reasonable. The remaining parent should not be penalized for the other parent's creating the expense.

Fuck Cancer

"Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly. On a broomstick. We are flexible."

Children aren't coloring books. You don't get to fill them in with your favorite colors.
The Kite Runner, Khale
InDenial

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 12:11:13 PM »

I would assume it's pretty common when one parent moves a plane-ride-distance away to renegotiate the custody schedule.  For most people it wouldn't be reasonable for a child to fly 2 to 3 times a month.  I believe what's common for long distance moves is for the non-custodial parent to receive substantial blocks of custody time in the summer and on holidays.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: