divorceinfo.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2014, 11:42:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
254499 Posts in 18125 Topics by 1382 Members
Latest Member: Brenda Charrier
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  divorceinfo.com
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Helping Each Other (Moderator: m_t)
| | |-+  Prayer's for those effected by the Tornados/Storms
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Prayer's for those effected by the Tornados/Storms  (Read 394 times)
Cam

ppppbbbtttt

« on: March 02, 2012, 04:36:15 PM »

How awful and still the threat looms overhead.  I hope and pray all our peeps are ok and anyone that needs help gets it tenfold... Lots of Prayers..   Cry
HarleyQuinn

Hi Puddin'! Miss me?

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 04:44:33 PM »

Hadn't paid attention to the news until just now...lots and lots of prayers.    Sad 
Bosco
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 05:08:40 PM »

Where was this ?
HarleyQuinn

Hi Puddin'! Miss me?

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 05:09:20 PM »

want to keep this towards the top, the areas need all the prayers they can get..

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/02/us-usa-tornadoes-idUSTRE81S2AD20120302

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hZ0d-O5S_DNWTJfhLvisIjs4R69w?docId=b039cae4daab442c988befbed7324306

still unfolding so there will be links popping up all over the internet.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 05:12:51 PM by HarleyQuinn » Logged
Cam

ppppbbbtttt

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 10:51:23 AM »

This storm system is effecting such a large area of the US

"We actually are looking at a risk from the Gulf Coast to the Great Lakes to west of the Mississippi to the East Coast," Craig Fugate, director of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, told the Weather Channel. "And these storms are moving fast."

http://news.yahoo.com/why-many-tornadoes-striking-us-231201874.html

please be safe and when you can contact us please do..  This will be the hardest weekend ..
HarleyQuinn

Hi Puddin'! Miss me?

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 11:53:45 AM »

read this on fox...used to have nightmares about this when I was pregnant in texas, I hope she has other family to help her get through this...

Fourteen people were reported killed in Indiana, including four in Chelsea, where a man, woman and their 4-year-old great-grandchild died in one house. Tony Williams, owner of the Chelsea General Store, said the child and mother were huddled in a basement when the storm hit and sucked the 4-year-old out her hands. The mother survived, but her 70-year-old grandparents were upstairs; both died.

Bosco
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 12:03:25 PM »

Omg.....That's awful. I had no idea this was going on out there. I guess I should watch the news more often. Prayers going up for all affected. I hope you all are staying safe. Check in, please, when you can.
Cam

ppppbbbtttt

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 12:26:51 PM »

I didn't either.. I spend way too much time with my head in the sand.   Cry

I wanted to add.. while our prayers are Heaven sent and I do believe in the power of Prayer... I also know we need to help ourselves and be our brother's keeper.  I have been the recipient of such graciousness from HEOer's..   so please keep your eyes open for opportunities to send money, help, supplies, whatever they need that can come from us to the appropriate agencies.  I know I like the Salvation Army the best.  Just seems more gets to where it needs to go with less fanfare and the American Red Cross.   

I don't have those websites or any of the other fine emergency agencies.. so if you do please post those links for anyone who may want to help.  I'm sure no donation is too small.... 
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 12:31:31 PM by Cam » Logged
HarleyQuinn

Hi Puddin'! Miss me?

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 01:11:11 PM »

The Red Cross is encouraging people who want to help to make a financial donation.

People can help those affected by disasters like the Midwest tornadoes and storms, as well as countless crises at home and around the world, by making a donation to support American Red Cross Disaster Relief. Consider making a donation today by visiting www.redcross.org, calling 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or texting the word REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation.

Contributions may also be sent to someone's local Red Cross chapter or to the American Red Cross, P.O. Box 37243, Washington, DC 20013. Contributions enable the Red Cross to prepare for and provide shelter, food, emotional support and other assistance in response to disasters.

website link is now clickable, lol
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 01:17:44 PM by HarleyQuinn » Logged
Bosco
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 03:06:20 PM »

Thanks Harley.
I need to find a TV and get caught up, I guess. Prayer for all you in this thing's path.
allbusiness

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 03:31:00 PM »

Lots of wind and thunderstorms here, but none of the severe weather made it to my part of the state.
I am pretty sure there will be major flooding, though. Our ground is saturated already and can't take anymore downpours.
HarleyQuinn

Hi Puddin'! Miss me?

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2012, 04:53:52 PM »

Thanks Harley.
I need to find a TV and get caught up, I guess. Prayer for all you in this thing's path.
I know the feeling..I dont remember the last time I had television to watch..lol...been a minute to say the least  Undecided  Cheesy

Thanks for checking in AB
livealittle

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 08:51:47 AM »

well, we only had 3 tornadoes go through Huntsville, AL this time. one hit (the F2 with the 14 mile track) 2 high schools. No one was injured thank God. Buckhorn HS has some serious damage to the science wing and the JROTC building but as of the newspaper article yesterday they plan to hold classes there today. A middle school was also damaged enough that they bussed all the kids to the Church of Christ and were announcing on the radio you could pick your kids up at the Church of Christ.

the prison was also damaged.

Anderson Hills subdivision was demolished in 1994, April 27, 2011, and was hit again Friday. That's only a few miles from my house.

the Red Cross, Salvation Army, and various churches do relief here in town. there was fund set up last April called April's Fury relief fund which directly funds Tennennessee Valley relief efforts. google is your friend. 

the local news stations for here are WAFF, WHNT, WAAY  and they all have links to local relief efforts if you are interested in donating fro help in my area.
Cam

ppppbbbtttt

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 10:00:44 AM »

Gosh it's good to hear from you !!  Thank you for the information links.  Now if Sillydreamer and a few others would check in that would be a great thing.  With soo many of us moving on with our lives and only checking in now and again it's a good thing.  Just be safe...   
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: