When You Use Lee To Prepare Your Quitclaim Deed

If you’re using me to prepare your quitclaim deed, here are the things to keep in mind. First, I will need your original deed. It should be in the stack of documents you got from the closing attorney when you purchased the property, not when you refinanced the loan, but when you originally purchased the property. It will be called “Deed” or “Warranty Deed.” It may be called “Corporate Deed.”

Make sure you make a legible scan of the deed, and e-mail it to me. If this is for a case I have handled, please tell me your name and your spouse’s name at the time of the divorce. If your spouse was my client rather than you, make sure the instructions come from the spouse who was my client. I cannot provide any services to, and I will not communicate directly with, the spouse who was not my client.

If this is for a case I have not handled, please scan and e-mail to me at least one page that shows the style of the case (that’s the heading that tells me who the parties are and where the case is filed), as well as all pages of the decree or agreement that mention the deed.

The cost for a quitclaim deed in most cases is $80. The best way to pay is by Visa or Mastercard. If you cannot or will not use a credit card, you can mail me a check payable to Lee Borden.

Because this page relates directly to my legal practice, I need to say this: “No representation is made that the quality of the legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers.”