Laury Adams is my partner in the development of DivorceSavvySavesMoney, the interactive computer software for divorce. I count it as a great stroke of good fortune to have met her, and I think both of us genuinely enjoy our work together.
- Who is Laury Adams?
- How is she different?
- What’s her background?
- What has she studied?
- What does she charge?
- Where can I find her?
Who is Laury Adams?
Laury Adams is an independent financial resource consultant and one of Houston’s most experienced family mediators. She has developed unique computer programs to make divorce work more understandable, effective, and efficient.
Note from Lee: That’s what Laury would say about herself. I would add that she was one of the pioneers in divorce mediation, back when nobody knew what divorce mediation was. Laury is warm, caring, and superbly competent. It’s been a treat for me to work with her and an honor to call her my partner.
How is she different?
Working with Laury, attorneys and clients use her interactive computer programs and visual equipment during sessions to:
- quickly develop inventories of assets and liabilities;
- see the results of various options for a property settlement;
- provide visual printouts of parenting plans and schedules;
- calculate child support;
- estimate after-tax spendable income in each household after divorce; and
- structure alimony to avoid recapture and provide maximum tax savings.
Laury provides complimentary appointments for computer demonstrations of the programs she uses for divorce work.
Laury is a seminal thinker in the treatment of debt in divorce. She and I discovered each other through our mutual friend and my mentor, Betty Manley. After we discovered how much we have in common, Laury and I worked together to develop “Plans for Parting,” a financial preparation kit for divorce. As we received requests from people who wanted to download the software from the Internet, the kit evolved into DivorceSavvySavesMoney.
What’s her background?
Association for Conflict Resolution
- Practitioner Member
- Four national conference presentations
- Mediator for 1994 AFM training video, Mediating Child Support
Texas Association of Family Mediators
- Board member, Past President, 1992-93
- President, 1991-92
- Membership Chair, 1990-91
- Treasurer, 1989-90
Family Mediation Network of Houston
- Program Chair, 1984
- President, 1986
- Treasurer, 1985, 1987-91
- Secretary, 1994-95
What has she studied?
- 1979: M.S., Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
- 1958: B.S., Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
- 1982: Mediation Training, University of California, Irvine, CA
- 1982: Mediation Training, American Arbitration Association, New Orleans, LA
- 1986: Texas Advanced Family Law Course, San Antonio, TX
- 1987: Texas Advanced Family Law Course, Houston, TX
- Annual Continuing Education in Mediation, Family Law, and Taxation
What does she charge?
- Mediation Fees: $175 per hour
- Co-Mediation upon request: $250 per hour
Where can I find her?
- 114 Arnold St., Houston, TX 77007-7268
- Phone: (713) 861-3426
- Fax: (713) 862-3470